Here is the situation:
- I have now been learning French for two months.
- I will start to stay in South Korea for one month.
- After staying in Korea, I'll stay in France and attend language school for three months.
- After that, I'll be back to Korea and attend language school for three months.
And I wonder which language to learn while in Korea for a month. Specifically:
- Learning French makes living in France smoother (and can likely start the course at A2), but losing the opportunity of using Korean in the local country for one month.
- Learning Korean can take advantage of getting immersion, but at the sacrifice of starting the French course at lower level as well as gradually losing it maybe.
My goal is to reach at least B1 in both languages within seven months. The current level is A1+ in French and not even A1 in Korean (but better than nothing as I learned Hangul and some of basic phrases).
In this case, which language to learn makes reaching the eventual goal faster and/or with higher success rate?