I'm looking for TOEFL-like certificates for Italian and French. Are there any?

  • just googling would give u a pretty accurate idea
    – ERJAN
    Sep 18, 2023 at 2:49

2 Answers 2


In addition to those listed in the other answer, here are a few more:

For French:

For Italian:


For French, two important certificates are DELF and DALF:

In addition to DELF for the general public, there are also versions of the certificate for school children and for "professionals". See the website of the French ministry of education.

The Institut français, which is represented in many countries, offers exam preparation courses for DELF and DALF, and sometimes also for other certificates, such as TCF (Test de Connaissance du Français) and DAEFLE (Diplôme d’aptitude à l’enseignement du français langue étrangère). See for example the website of the Institut français Royaume-Uni.

For Italian, there are certificates such as

Preparation courses for PLIDA are offered by schools that are part of the Dante Alighieri Society; see for example the information provided by the Società Dante Alighieri in Milan.

For CILS, it is also worth checking out the websites of the schools that are part of the Network of Italian Cultural Institutes (which are supported by the Italian Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation). For example, the Istituto Italiano di Cultura di Stoccarda (in Stuttgart, Germany), is a certified exam centre for CILS.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.