Language Learning Stack Exchange is for students, teachers, polyglots, and anyone interested in the techniques of language acquisition.
Questions on the following topics are welcome here:
- Questions about learning or teaching techniques regarding any human language, including dead, unspoken and constructed languages.
- Questions regarding definite obstacles faced by anyone learning a language.
- Questions regarding specific language learning techniques or resources, and their effectiveness in comparison to others.
- Requests seeking books, studies, web sites, or other resources supporting the scientific basis for any aspect of language study.
- Questions seeking hard-to-find learning resources for a specific language. Be as specific as possible.
- Questions regarding the use of language-learning or teaching software or technology (i.e. Duolingo, Anki, etc.) in conjunction with the learning/teaching process.
But please don't ask questions about the following topics, which are deemed off-topic here:
- Questions about grammar, spelling, phonetics, or other aspects of a specific language. Such questions are better asked at one of the language-specific Q&A sites.
- Translation or proofreading requests, and rating the quality of a translation or passage.
- Questions about non-human languages, such as those used by animals or machines.
- Questions to identify a specific language used in a document or an image.
If your question is not specifically on-topic for Language Learning Stack Exchange, it may be on topic for another Stack Exchange site. If no site currently exists that will accept your question, you may commit to or propose a new site at Area 51, the place where new Stack Exchange communities are democratically created.